We're Recognized As A Top Rated Accident Attorney in Harris County, TX
Protecting your rights is our top priority!
While highways are regarded to be the most accident-prone roads in Texas, intersections in residential areas might also be a cause for worry. Since the beginning of last year, roughly one-third of all accidents in Harris County have occurred at intersections. And four intersections out of ten are located near schools. Undergraduates from the University of Houston and their Mechanical Engineering professor, Ashutosh Agrawal, named what they believe to be the ten most hazardous non-freeway junctions in Houston after the lockdown. But for the time being, we will concentrate on the top five intersections:
From March 10, 2021, when Governor Greg Abbott formally reopened Texas, through February 25, 2022, this time period was examined. Using data gathered by the Texas Department of Transportation 1, they discovered that particular crossings in Harris County had become accident hotspots during the last year. The number of accidents was more than in 2018 to 2020, before the outbreak. They compared these figures with the CDC’s social vulnerability index to identify connections between the increased frequency of accidents and drivers’ emotional challenges or changes in lifestyle.
The list of discovered intersections and the researchers’ assessment of the submitted data are provided below. 2
- The intersection of Pease St. and Fannin St. ranks first with an astounding 59 accidents recorded in the last year. This crossroads is surrounded by several parking structures. This junction is located in an area with a low to moderate Social Vulnerability Index (SVI).
- In the last year, there were a total of 41 accidents at Bissonnet St and Westchester Ave. This crossroads in West University is close to HEB, Kroger, and Walgreens, making it a densely populated area. Additionally, it is bordered by big trees that may impair road vision. This junction is inside the zone of low SVI.
- The intersection of Main Street and Montrose Street, between Hermann Park and Rice University, had 39 accidents in 2021. Having many yield and stop signs, this intersection may provide navigating difficulties, particularly for tourists visiting the TMC. This junction is bordered by low and low-to-moderate SVI areas.
- 39 accidents have occurred at the junction of FM 1960 and W. Lake Houston Parkway within the last year. At this crossroads, FM 1960 has uncommon left-turn splits, which may cause drivers to get confused. This junction is surrounded by low, low-to-moderate, and moderate-to-high SVI zones.
- In the last year, the junction of FM 1960 and W. Lake Houston Parkway has had 39 accidents. At this crossroads, FM 1960 has uncommon left-turn splits, which may cause drivers to get confused. This junction is surrounded by low, low-to-moderate, and moderate-to-high SVI zones.
The report also makes reference to pre- and post-pandemic intersection automobile accidents in the city. First, the epidemic has made these crossroads less secure. In the pre-Covid years (2018-2020), there were fewer accidents at these crossings than in the post-lockdown era. In the pre-Covid years (2018-2020), there were fewer accidents at these crossings than in the post-lockdown era (barring 1 data point). Four of the ten crossings on our list are in close proximity to schools, which is quite concerning since it risks the safety of children. Clearly, this demonstrates a lack of vigilance on the side of our drivers. 3 The emotional challenges caused by the pandemic for personal or professional reasons, a change in lifestyle owing to less driving, or the eagerness to return to the road may have lowered the attentiveness of Harris County drivers.
During a short neighborhood walk to a grocery store, a mall, or a school, anybody might encounter these “silent risk-spots” without being aware of their hazard. When car accidents occur, they involve an expensive process and need the services of car accident attorneys. Your car may need costly repairs, or you may require an entirely new vehicle. If you are wounded, you may incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lose time from work. If a family member is killed in a vehicle or motorbike accident, funeral expenses might be an unanticipated burden. In addition to being a financial burden, accidents may inflict extreme emotional distress and grief.
At Gosuits, our car accident attorneys have an unimpeachable track record of assisting victims in recovering compensation for medical expenses, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. Our best car accident attorneys in Texas accident lawyers will fight tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you need and deserve. To aid our clients and give superior service, our best car accident attorneys in Texas will assist you with property damage. We will submit a claim to the insurance provider. As soon as culpability is proved, we will work with you to repair or replace your car, if allowed by law.
Contact us now for a free consultation. Our guarantee of “No Win, No Attorney Fee” remains in force. Hurry! Consult us now!